DIY_EFI Digest V5 #838

Al Grippo grippo at jlab.org
Fri Oct 26 13:09:46 GMT 2001

DIY_EFI Digest wrote:------------------------------

> Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 07:37:24 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Kenny Bauman <kennybauman at yahoo.com>
> Subject: MegaSquirt Driveability question
>
> First I want to say thanks to the design team for
> making the MegaSquirt possible and available.
>
> Second I wonder hows the unit does when dealing with a
> sensor failure? I know there are lots of possible
> failure modes, but for example how is the driveability
> with the TPS disconnected?

The tps only affects acceleration enrichment, so at worst you would have a stumble if
you nail the throttle. If you lose MAP, the car will be totally undriveable. But if you
wish, you can code a backup fuel enrichment based on tps and similarly you could get
your accel enrichment from the change in MAP. The hard part is deciding when you have
lost a sensor.