DFI revisited

Bob Wooten r71chevy at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 27 02:38:03 GMT 2001

Unless I am missing something there are two theories out there.  there is
the one that this is a "smart coil" & that means (to me anyway) that you
provide it with a "go" signal & it automatically dwells & fires, no if's,
and's or but's.  then there is the other though that they are "dumb coils" &
that means that you have to send it a high, to charge the coil & a Low to
discharge the coil & get a spark event to happen (as implied by the gent
with the rotary link).

I checked into this about a year ago, & was under the impression that they
are of the "smart coil" types.  I have made up a simple circuit to do
exactly what you (Howard) are trying to do.  I will try to post it to
Incoming tonight so that you can see my logic.

if it matters, I am of the "smart coil" persuasion.  I have an LS1 coil bank
& part of the harness,  it does not look like there is sufficient current
capability in the harness to be of the dumb coil flavor.

BW