Increasing fuel pressure

tim.van.setten at acssd.L-3com.com tim.van.setten at acssd.L-3com.com
Tue Oct 30 14:58:07 GMT 2001

	(Snip)
> I have a few last worries; I believe the fuel pump is up to delivering
> high
> pressure at the required flow rate but what if Im wrong? I would assume
> that if
> the pump could not flow enough fuel at, lets say 80 psi, the pressure
> would
> drop. Is this correct? A profesional I know said I would need a fuel flow
> gague
> as well as a pressure gague. Once the regulator was set up do you believe
> it is
> nessary to have a permamnt pressure gague? would the setting on the
> regulator go
> out of adjustment over may kms?

	 We has this concern also.  We ended up putting a flow monitor on
the return line.  We found that if the return line to the tank went dry, you
are now demanding more fuel than the pump can supply at that pressure!
Right now all it does it light a big red warning light and a buzzer, but we
figure it's cheaper than a rebuild.  When the light goes off, you take your
foot off.

	We are running the big Bosch fuel pump right now, but it still
blinks the light every now and then.

	This has also helped when the fuel filter starts to get dirty.  You
notice that the return is usually flowing, but more and more the light
starts to flicker.  Then it's time to check the fuel delivery......Tim