Injector Bosses

Kevin Ragsdale kevin_ragsdale at msn.com
Wed Oct 31 22:51:12 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Blackwood" <jblackwood5 at home.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 11:27 AM
Subject: RE: Injector Bosses

> Kevin, drilling and tapping holes in the runners at enough of an angle to
> get anywhere near the valve head can only be done on a milling machine
> AFAIK, whereas it is possible to make a jig to just cut the holes for the
> weld-in bosses. I'd stay away from the epoxy unless you only care about
one
> season.

Jim,

My machinst has the equipment to do it, though his initial response to my
query was "put a carburetor on it".  What's the fun it that, I told him.

I'm wondering if the angle of the injectors would prevent the thread in
style from getting enough bite.  And then they would have to be sealed.
They come with O-rings, but that would only work if they are perpendicular
to the manifold surface.  I suppose threadseal or some type of RTV would
work.

>From what I've read, having an aluminum manifold TIG welded for the bungs is
pretty expensive, so hopefully the threaded approach will work.  Or I could
just find a factory FI manifold for the 500/425 Cad motor.

> If you don't mind spraying the injector shot on the bottom of the
> runner the thread in ones should do fine.

How bad would this be?  It would be the easiest route.

Thanks for the information,

Kevin