ford efi snafu'd

Joe Piche joepiche at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 1 00:27:27 GMT 2001

I've asked around, and poked around, but haven't been able to find the
solution to this problem.

I've got an 87 f150, 302, efi (eec iv). The truck runs ok, except for:

Its got a high idle. 1500 rpm.
It will drop to 1000 or so, and then come up to 1500 rpm (this cycles at
stop lights). Annoying to say the least.
No check engine light.

What I've done
Vacuum check. 20 inchs at idle.
It does this with the idle air controller unplugged.
Replaced the idle air controller. It was buggered anyways.
Removed most of the vacuum emmissions stuff that wasn't hooked up anyways
(no cats) from the airpump. air     pump has had the guts pulled out of it.
Replaced the Air intake temp sensor because the problem went away when I
unplugged it. (Only to return after I ordered the part (not installed it))
Replaced the throttle position sensor.
The o2 sensor is less than a year old.

Probably will get a water temp sensor & map out of the junkyard, and try
that next.

Running out of ideas here..

Thanks, Joe