Digital Tach

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Tue Sep 4 13:36:00 GMT 2001

Santi Udomkesmalee wrote:

> I'm pretty new to the DIY EFI scene and I though I would start small on my
> first project.  Unfortunatly, I don't even know where to start.  I'm
> interested in building a digital tachometer for a '98 Chevy Cavalier.  Does
> anybody know how I would go about this?  Currently a have very little
> electronic experience, so the more specific you are the more it will help.
> Thanks a lot.

Santi,

I've never looked, but I've always assumed that (analog) electronic
tachs are just a frequency-to-voltage converter driving a voltmeter.
There are probably standard parts around that already do this, so
you should even be able to find data sheets and application notes
giving schematics.

Eric

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA