The list is busy screaming ..

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Sep 5 02:57:21 GMT 2001

But all those EEC list guys are disinterested.  So is everyone else out
on the internet who stumbles across our home page, and believe me as the
maintainer a lot of non-subscribers find our page from various search
engines.  I don't think it's in the spirit of the thing for them to
profit and members not to.  Peter is correct that it's a fine line with
plenty of wiggle room.

With that said, it's clear ti list members who the project belongs to,
and the conditions of usage are clear.  A GNU style license would have
avoided a lot of fuss but that's not what we have. I urge everyone to
respect Bruce and company's license.  And no more discussion.  There's
nothing new left to add.

--->  I really hope the discussion ends here.  <---

One more thing:  A lot of people have chosen to speak for the list
recently, regarding what's allowed and what isn't.  There's a charter
for each list on the home page, and there's nothing on there about not
allowing commercial messages.  That includes people offering services,
selling/buying parts, etc.  In the spirit of the old hotrod list, the
charter here is as broad as possible consistent with noise suppression.
There is nothing dishonorable about profit, as long as it's in return
for real value add, and not in violation of a usage agreement.

Any replies, send them directly.  My address is below.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com