The list is busy screaming ..

Brian Renegar thomas.renegar at nist.gov
Thu Sep 6 05:02:13 GMT 2001

--=====================_5586724==_.ALT

>Please reread the users agreement,
>if you can't abide by it, and it's intent.
>Then feel free not to use the info., it's that simple.
>Bruce

Yeah, I've read it several times.  Just read it again.  There's absolutely
nothing in there that has anything to do with what I was talking
about...  Except for this one line: "It is not intended for commercial use,
or to be in any manner related to a profit organization or
individual".  That's a pretty broad statement.  And if you consider having
a manufacturer build the boards with components on them "related to a
profit organization", even if it is a non interested party, then you'd
better re-think your position on the PCB's as well.  You don't seem to have
any problem with those.  Which WERE made by a "profit organization".  So
maybe YOU should question whether you're abiding by your own user agreement
or not.  Or does it not apply to you??

I'm not trying to be an ass, but I just see some big problems as far as
what's allowed and what's not, and the fact that it does not correlate with
the user agreement.  FWIW, I have purchased two of the PCB's, am on the
list for the components, and will build the boards by myself.  I know
enough about basic circuits and soldering to attempt building it.  I can't
assist in any of the design work for the WB (as that is not my background),
but I look forward to hopefully adding any tuning and testing experience
that I gather from using it.

I would also like to thank all of those that have contributed to this
project.  Without them, I (and probably most of the other people on the
list) would never had a wideband O2 meter.  Pricing of the commercially
available units just makes it impossible on my budget to buy one.  So
again, I say thank you.

Brian
--=====================_5586724==_.ALT

agreement,<br>
if you can't abide by it, and it's intent.<br>
Then feel free not to use the info., it's that simple.<br>
Bruce</blockquote><br>
Yeah, I've read it several times.&nbsp; Just read it again.&nbsp; There's
absolutely nothing in there that has anything to do with what I was
talking about...&nbsp; Except for this one line: &quot;<i>It is not
intended for commercial use, or to be in any manner related to a profit
organization or individual</i>&quot;.&nbsp; That's a pretty broad
statement.&nbsp; And if you consider having a manufacturer build the
boards with components on them &quot;related to a profit
organization&quot;, even if it is a non interested party, then you'd
better re-think your position on the PCB's as well.&nbsp; You don't seem
to have any problem with those.&nbsp; Which WERE made by a &quot;profit
organization&quot;.&nbsp; So maybe YOU should question whether you're
abiding by your own user agreement or not.&nbsp; Or does it not apply to
you??<br>
I'm not trying to be an ass, but I just see some big problems as far as
what's allowed and what's not, and the fact that it does not correlate
with the user agreement.&nbsp; FWIW, I have purchased two of the PCB's,
am on the list for the components, and will build the boards by
myself.&nbsp; I know enough about basic circuits and soldering to attempt
building it.&nbsp; I can't assist in any of the design work for the WB
(as that is not my background), but I look forward to hopefully adding
any tuning and testing experience that I gather from using it.<br>
I would also like to thank all of those that have contributed to this
project.&nbsp; Without them, I (and probably most of the other people on
the list) would never had a wideband O2 meter.&nbsp; Pricing of the
commercially available units just makes it impossible on my budget to buy
one.&nbsp; So again, I say thank you. <br>
Brian</html>