DIY WB

Paul paul at vb.co.za
Tue Sep 11 08:40:19 GMT 2001

All this bickering about who contributed what, and not even a sniff about
Garfield ?

Do you think that the guys at NTK developed this sensor wondering how folks
out there where going to drive it ?

Do you think that Garfield when he looked at the SAE papers didn't also
examine the patents concerned ?

Garfield also gleaned essential knowledge in developing the product from a
furnace engineer who was using them in furnaces to control burning.

I could go on and on, but what is clear is that the DIY WB is NO single
persons contribution, in fact its been such a bloody shouting slanging match
from the start that I would just love to see someone take it to litigation,
claiming it to be their own.

Bottom line is for people to have fun, and get involved in DIY EFI rather
than DIY LITIGATION

If these guys wanted money for the design it would be understandable, and
therefore they could keep their designs and knowledge to themselves and get
out there in the commercial rat race.

But its pitiful to see them begging for accolades. These are things that
come from the heart, NOT something you can drag out of people, by demanding
so.

I can only guess the truth lies in the fact, that if these people where to
take their attitudes along with their over inflated egos, and invest them in
their own business, they would likely crash in a ball of flames. Which
leaves them the only option of pretending what they offer is for free, and
later bamboozle the victim with legalize in the hope of extracting, at the
very least, an admission of their "Greatness"

In fact it makes you want to puke when you look at just a few of the
personal contributions that have been made by people in this electronics
era, for no personal gain.

So I suggest those that seek such accolades relax, sit back and enjoy the
ride, and stop embarrassing themselves.
For not only do you embarrass yourselves by shooting new comers down in
flames, but you also insult the other list members as to their ability to
distinguish right from wrong.

As to the current list maintainers, I have on more than one occasion;

1.	Offered to edit and add search capabilities to the archives(AT NO CHARGE)
2.	Sent letters of thanks to EGO Contributors.

On all occasions I have NEVER received a reply, NOT even a thanks, but no
thanks.

It seems as if the list maintainers view this list and the projects as their
own, and the other list members are just spectators to their great
achievements.

How about a small amount of democracy in the list, and when contentious
issues such as these arise, ALL the list members can vote on it. Whatever
the current system is, it isn’t working, as the bickering has been on going
for years now.

As to the people on the list with ATTITUDES, a quick look through the
archives will show you who these people really are. Maybe that’s why a
search engine for the archives never seems to get done ;)

The usual MO for these people, is there already working, dare I say for
PROFIT, in the motor industry. They already have all the TOYS(equipment)
most of us could only dream of having access to, and now they want to
dictate to the guys with a raggedy bit of Vero board and fathers old
soldering iron, how they should go about constructing a DIY project.

How many list members would be constructing their own DIY WB, if they
already had access to a Horiba/NGK unit ???
Yet it seems that the current UNELECTED WB maintainers, have a whole host of
equipment and facilities to design and test these units. Of course these
good chaps wont be taking any of the knowledge they have gained to produce
their own commercial versions. They'll be publishing all their findings and
data in the hope that the DIY crowd will be able to produce a sensor that’s
as good any of the commercial units;)

What’s even stranger is that unlike the normal MO of a List Flamer, a
frustrated teenager, these guys are adults.
Why would adults kick up such a fuss, unless they really had something to
loose ?

The first step to discovering what you really want, is discovering who you
really are. Instead of a few "regulars" repeatedly telling us what is wrong
and right, why doesn't the list put it to a vote.

I'm sick of the FEW bringing down the majority of the list with their pushy
attitudes. After all shouldn't we treat ALL list members as equals ?

Yahoo and a number of other sites, offer forums(free) where voting can be
carried out. It only takes a few minutes to set up and it would once and for
all decide what the majority of the list really wants, as opposed to a
select few.

I for one, would gladly be bound by whatever the outcome of any voting.

Paul

"They have no lawyers among them for they consider them as a sort of people
whose profession it is to disguise matters"
Sir Thomas Moore, 1516