Junkyard turbo ecms

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Tue Sep 11 12:24:35 GMT 2001

> From: David Hunt [mailto:dhunt16 at yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: Junkyard turbo ecms
>
> > If the fuel is sprayed when the
> > valve is close
> > that promotes vaporization, and better burning.
>
> Does that have an effect on emissions?

As far as I know, it does.  This seems to be the compelling reason to switch
from batch to sequential port injection - better emissions under light
engine loads.  As Bruce said, once the injector duty cycle goes much over
25% or so, there's not a great deal of control over the timing of the
injector event relative to the intake valve opening/closing, so there's not
much advantage to sequential injector timing at this point.

Anyone else have a different take on this topic?

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.bryantperformance.com