Starting fuel load question

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Sep 17 00:30:43 GMT 2001

Hi Con,

To give you some idea, my Chev 350, uses 3.08mS idle and 22mS cranking,
cold enrichment is sitting at around 22% and this slowly decreases to
shut off at 70degC.  This is using a Wolf 3D system.

The way to find your ideal setting would be to turn off the cold
enrichment, start cranking the engine and just increase your cranking
fuel till the engine starts, then set your cold enrichment to keep it
running once started.

Cheers

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com

<Hi guys,
<
<I have a question you may be able to help with. My kit efi system
allows =
<me to set a cranking fuel load (in ms) and cold enrichment (as a =
<percentage). If the normal idle hot injector duration is 1.7ms at idle
=
<then what would be a good duration for cranking.
<
<My problem is that the engine is very hard to start cold but starts
well =
<hot. Currently the cranking setting is 4.03ms and cold enrichment is
set =
<to 25%.
<
<Thanks=20