ALDL on V6 Cavalier

rr rrauscher at nni.com
Tue Sep 18 16:06:06 GMT 2001

I build a lot of my own tools. I do not use windows for
anything. For 8192 baud I set the com port to a setting
that is close, close enough to work. Don't remember the
exact baud rate. You might want to look into Carbytes(?)
or EfiLive. There are tools out there that can help.

BobR.

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:21:55 +0000
 "Eric S" <eric654321 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I've got the ALDL cable, and the scantool, but how did
> you overcome the
> setting of the baud rate?  Windows is not allowing me to
> set a baud rate of
> 8192, I am in the process of searching for more terminal
> software, is there
> a certain driver that I need for my com port?
>

> >From: "rr" <rrauscher at nni.com>
> >To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> >Subject: Re: ALDL on V6 Cavalier
> >Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 09:46:26 -0400
> >
> >I tapped the data stream using a basic aldl to PC cable.
> >This allowed the data to be converted to RS-232 levels
> >that the serial port could use. Then used a terminal
> >program to capture the data stream.
> >
> >It was a receive only process. I let the scan tool do
> >all of the bidirectional talking.
> >
> >BobR.

<snip>