hi, new to the list

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Tue Sep 18 22:33:05 GMT 2001

> 80' vw scirocco that i'm turbocharging and was looking at an alternative
> besides spending thousands of dollars to buy a programmable efi.

I too am new to the list, and have similar goals (turbocharging an '89
cabriolet).  I'm planning on using the basic injection that came with the
car, though it doesn't really fit under the heading of "EFI".  You can
contact me off list (unless others are interested) and I will tell you
about the details of the modifications I am making, if you are interested.

In addition to the fuel injection, I have started building an ignition
control module which adjusts timing according to RPM and boost levels, and
includes a knock sensor.  It also controls an idle air stabilizer valve.

So I'm specifically interested in the ignition aspect right now.  Is this
covered on this list, or does the list focus primarily on fuel
delivery?

Thanks

-Steve