ALDL on V6 Cavalier

Eric S eric654321 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 02:08:35 GMT 2001

Well, I was able to recieve chatter from the ECM, I think I got the timing
right, I guess I just don't have the background.  I am pretty new to this
ECM stuff, I do some simple modifications on my own code for my car, so I
have a pretty good idea at what goes on.

EFI live is just as confusing to me as hell right now, I can't get any
information requests to work right, (RPM, temp, anything)  I just don't
understand heartbeat, suspend, and all that.

I do understand that the ECM needs a MODE 0 command, then it needs a MODE 1
command (to tell it to start sending ALDL frames)  Then I need to figure out
the specific request codes for the data that I want.  I have the mode 0 and
1 info, but the the data request bytes.

I think I have the right data, the right tools, I just need a little
guidance as to how to apply them correctly.