Bolt on Throttlebody suggestions

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 23 10:53:56 GMT 2001

Alan Barrow tapped away at the keyboard with:
> Ideally I would like to find a rectangular flange TBI body from a
> 1.2-1.4l engine. Most I have seen are either mechanical or jump
> straight to port EFI.  (The europeans seemed to skip TBI, unlike
> the US cars, as far as I can tell)

Not entirely. There are a number of Volkswagen models (Polo and
Golf) fitted with "Monojetronic" and "Monomotronic" with engine
sizes in that range. Model years would be from about 1989 to 1994
(from memory). SEAT Ibiza/Cordoba definitely had them on 1.4 litre
and 1.8 litre engines.

It's also quite likely the Opel Corsa would have been similarly
equipped.

TBI never really caught on in Europe. The small cost savings weren't
worth it in a market where buyers valued the advantages of port
injection.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |