Bolt on Throttlebody suggestions

Alan Barrow abarrow at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 23 04:40:12 GMT 2001

Hello all,

Despite me earlier query on mounting Kjetronic injectors, I am also looking
for for small and inexpensive TBI bodies for my project. Currently it uses
dual 36mm 2bbl Zenith 36NDIX carbs. It also could utilize a Weber DCNF.
(both are 52x85mm rectangular flange)

I have found TWM and Jenvey bodies that would probably work, but at $400 or
so a piece, they are out of reach. I'd need two, and add injectors and an
ECU, etc, and I'm about 3x overbudget.

The typical GM throttle bodies are too big for dual use, and would be too
cumbersome to try to create the manifold for the inline 4. (IE: The typical
holley flange is too wide)

Ideally I would like to find a rectangular flange TBI body from a 1.2-1.4l
engine. Most I have seen are either mechanical or jump straight to port EFI.
(The europeans seemed to skip TBI, unlike the US cars, as far as I can tell)

All suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Alan Barrow