Modifying/fabricating manifold for injectors?

Alan Barrow abarrow at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 23 03:58:23 GMT 2001

Hello all,

Does anyone have suggestions for mounting  mechanical (K-jectronic)
injectors in an existing manifold? Or even a fabricated manifold?

Yes, I know mechanical is low-tech, but I would really need wide-band O2
sensors and expensive ecu's for my application if I went EFI right away.
(Aircooled inline 4 for low RPM offroad use. Pinzgauer, in case you are
wondering)

I see lot's of weld-on bungs and such for electronic injectors, as well as
dimensions for rolling your own, but none for the older mechanical systems.

Any suggestions on injector mounting & manifold fabrication for flange type
manifolds would be welcome as well. (Way back I watched John DeArmons make a
composite manifold for his Z-car, so I may have to track him down to see how
he did it)

Thanks in advance!

Alan Barrow