1st timer: bigger injectors in a nissan

Mark Bottorff bottorffinator at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 08:54:29 GMT 2001

Dan,

The stock horsepower is ~200 at the crank. This is my
friends car and we're hoping to get ~300 at the
wheels. The stock injectors won't do it. He got a set
of Isky cams worth ~40hp and we're raising the boost
up to 9-10psi from 6 until a bigger exhaust is in the
budget, then ~12psi. Some other things are also in the
works, but I figured we should start with fuel since
that is the major restriction at the moment. Yes,
he'll need a new FPR after he gets the new Walbro
pump. It would be the kind that rises 1:1 w/ boost
pressure.

>From what I understand about the Japanese ECM's there
isn't enough variance in the fuel map for any size but
stock.

For the other response: what is an "hac'd" ecm?

Thanks,

Mark Bottorff