Modifying/fabricating manifold for injectors?

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Mon Sep 24 14:09:17 GMT 2001

>  Do you know of any OEM applications for the air shrouded nozzles
> offhand?  I've seen pictures of them in my Bosch documentation, but have
> yet to spot any in the local junkyards.

1985-19991 Golf, Jetta, GTi.  Some of these years will have a VW specific
EFI system, but definitely the earlier years have the air shrouded
setup.   In the later years (88-91) I believe the 16v and GTi versions
still had the CIS air shrouded injectors.

88 and 89 cabriolet has the air shrouded injectors, I think.  85-87
cabriolet may as well.  Maybe the Scirocco and Fox got air shrouded setups
as well.  Not srue.

Basically any 1985 or later CIS  equipped VW has a good chance of the
air-shrouded setup.

(I believe Audi did this too)

-Steve