Modifying/fabricating manifold for injectors?

Eric Fahlgren efahl at adams.com
Mon Sep 24 16:35:25 GMT 2001

Andy Whittaker - Chester UK wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> You've resurrected some memories for me!
>
> You are 100% correct. It's also interesting how Audi and Volkswagen took
> different strategies for adding Bosch K-Jetronic to their engines. VW
> drilled the cylinder head and fitted the injectors there and Audi mounted
> the injectors onto the inlet manifold....

Well, both of my VWs ('82 and '86) and my Audi (10v '86) all have
their injector cups in the head in an identical fashion.  The VW
crossflow heads (8, 16 and 20v) all have the injectors in the manifold.
Likewise for all of the Audi heads.  It's not a V/AG difference but
rather which generation of engine you are examining.

--
Eric Fahlgren                            Mechanical Dynamics, Inc
efahl at adams.com                          Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA