Correct A:F Ratio @ WOT?

Jeff Bromberger blownz at home.com
Fri Sep 28 02:49:15 GMT 2001

i wouldn't lose complete faith in the wideband...  i just took my car to the
dyno after putting the supercharger on with the only ideas about what i was
shooting for being 12:1 and about 34 degrees of timing... it made 760hp on
9psi... i wouldn't bet $5 that its the max power that i could get out of it,
but i use those numbers as a safe starting point... if you go over there and
are running14.5 : 1 you might not get a second chance to make any changes
:-)  of course, timing will effect the readings a lot... if i'm at 12.0:1
running 34 degrees of timing and i drop the timing to 30 degrees the AFR may
go to 11.5:1... so they are definitely tied together, but if you're in the
ballpark timing-wise the afr should at least get you started... that being
said, i've heard of professional racers running big hp cars with power
adders in the range from <9.5:1 up to 13.0:1... so Bruce is right, forget
about picking the perfect number without some trial and error...