was 14K V8, now rotary

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Fri Sep 28 11:08:33 GMT 2001

---
A posting with actually too much information, LOL
Bruce
---
Terribly sorry, just trying to add to the store of knowledge.

I do have a sensible question. I am running a mazda 13B rotary in a kit
car and am currently assembling the bits for an EFI upgrade. Much as I
like flames from the exhaust on overrun, at nearly 6USD/4.5l I could do
with some more economy when not on WOT.

I thought about the EFI 332, but decided rapidly that my coding skills
would not be up to re-writing the ignition SW to cope with the split
timing requirements that a rotary has, but reckon that the megasquirt
might work out the box as an injection controller if I tell it that
there are 6 cylinders with alternate firing of the injectors.

My concerns are that the 1080° cycle of the rotary might mess things up,
or is this fine as long as the unit gets a pulse chain to time each
injection cycle from. Not having had time to read through the complete
SW specs on the unit I'm not sure.

Rgds

Bill