injection strategies for 4 cyl, port injection (1.6L Toyota 4AGE)

Nicholas Parker nrparker at ihug.co.nz
Sat Sep 29 03:12:53 GMT 2001

Hello,
I'm guessing that ideally with sequential injection, it would be best to
select an injection endpoint method, so injection alway ends at a certain
crank angle,  meaning you always inject entirely through an open intake
valve, until of course the pulse is so long it has to start a bit earlier
than the valve opens OR would you need much bigger flow injectors to get all
fuel through the open valve?

Would there be any problem if I changed this around, and had sequential
fuelling BUT starting at a certain angle.  i.e. potentially just after the
intake valve has closed, giving me up to 700ish degrees of time to inject
for?
Are there any problems with injecting all fuel onto the closed intake
valves?

Finally regarding 'acceleration enrichment'  what strategies work?
Is the additional fuel amount proportional to dMAP/dt ?  Without TPS can
acceleration enrichment be implemented effectively?  Is the decay
implemented on an 'injection event basis' or with respect to time?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers Nick.