WBO2 questions

david.roland at gm.com david.roland at gm.com
Tue Apr 2 08:32:55 GMT 2002

I just finished the final checks on my WBO2 sensor. Everything seems to be
working OK. I have a couple of questions regarding testing and warm up. I am
testing my circuit, on the bench with a fully charged battery and a charger
attached to the battery.

It takes about 3 minutes for the heater circuit to warm up, and about 20 seconds
more for the LED to light. I know that the warm up time can be altered by
placing more resistors across R4. QUESTION: What is the optimal warm up time?
Does the 3 minute warm up time sound about right? What value resistors do I use
across R4 to decrease warmup time?

I don't want to heat the sensor too fast and risk damage. QUESTION: What can I
use on the bench to test the sensor output over the entire AFR range?

Dave