Sheilding on Diy-WB connector wires

Eck, Joel Joel.Eck at COMPAQ.com
Tue Apr 2 08:40:44 GMT 2002

many applications shield the o2 sensor leads, I have noticed this is especially true on imports. it's not just a honda issue, it has to do with where you route the wiring and keeping EMI/RFI out of the sensor leads, it would not hurt a bit to go ahead and shield the rest of your wiring for the o2 sensor, as much as you possibly can.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Keir [mailto:hugh at sol.co.uk]
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2002 4:41 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Sheilding on Diy-WB connector wires

I am finishing off the wiring on my WB circuit board using connectors from a
scrapyard.

I noticed that the calibration resistor wires and the yellow -ve heater wire
are wound round each other as a twisted triple and have a copper braid
sheath outside them and then a protective rubbery sheath to keep them all
together.

This suggests to me that there might be a shielding issue either with the
standard Honda wiring, or more importantly there may an issue in general and
these three wires should be separated from the others in all our set-ups.

Hugh