AW: Bosch MAF pin outs

Schaffer Klaus Maria schaffer at vkma.tu-graz.ac.at
Sat Apr 6 07:14:47 GMT 2002

> MAF does not have flappers. The are hot wire.
> Flapper = air flow meter
> MAF = MASS air flow meter. Measures actual mass of the air
> flow. Better.
>
> I'm still searching for pin-outs, or any detail info on them, too.

For all who are searching for pinouts and MAF's from BOSCH:

FARNELL (an UK electronic parts distributor) sells Bosch MAFS and have
datasheets on their homepage.
http://www.farnell.com --> click the british flag (they have datasheets
only on the british page).
Search for "sensor air mass flow"  by.: Product description in the
search field in the upper right corner.

You will fiend the datasheets for both type of MAF's they sell:
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2886.pdf and
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1242.pdf with pinout and
characteristic curves.

			--- so long ---, klaus

PS: They also sells Bosch knocksensors and the wonderful knocksensor-IC
30389 (0 272 230 389 Farnell-code: 712-2020 - maybe much cheaper from
Bosch dealer) but not the also wonderful Single-Chip TTL-compatible
Ignition-Driver-IC 30014. If anyone knows the complete BOSCH# for this
IC please inform me (us).

 dipl. ing. klaus maria schaffer
 Institute of Internal Combustion Engines & Thermodynamics
 University of Technology, Graz - Austria
 A-8010 GRAZ, Kopernikusgasse 24/II
 email: schaffer at vkma.tu-graz.ac.at
 phone: +43-316-873-7724
 fax:   +43-316-873-7712