Bosch MAF pin outs

Phil Hunter ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 05:22:28 GMT 2002

> Wouldn't happen to have an approximate date that would have
> come through, do ya?  That's a lot of files to search
> otherwise!

["give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to
  fish, he eats for a lifetime"]

Here's one quick way to search the archives. I have a directory
w/ the downloaded files, in it I did a

grep -i toby *

The -i means to ignore upper vs. lower case so toby and Toby
and TOBY will be matched. Starting at archive_num_118 there
are matches from various folks named Toby. At this point you
could load up the file in a favorite editor and search further,
what I would probably have done is a

grep -i bosch archive_num_1*

to see which ones also contained the word bosch and then go
look at those. Lots and lots of other ways and variations to
do this, but that should get you started.

I noticed there is a "grep.exe" in incoming, haven't tried
it tho'.

Also, the Bosch MAF on my car has 3 wires, likely first guess
would be power, ground, and signal. Undid the connector,
checked voltages from a known ground, nothing, 5volts, 12volts,
okay power & ground identified. Next I carefully removed the
5V pin from the connector, ran wire-wrap wire (28 guage?)
under the seal and around the pin, put it back together and
hooked up an oscilloscope to the dangling lead, 5V square
wave signal.

Now..."Go Fish" ;)

regards,
philh