Building a stimulator

goonie.gordon at talk21.com goonie.gordon at talk21.com
Tue Apr 9 13:54:11 GMT 2002

Hi Wayne,
          I'm surprised that the square wave does not register as a trigger.  If you want to convert into a sine wave then it's easy as a square wave is made up of harmonics of the basic sine wave - All you need to to is make up an active unity gain low pass filter with some capacitors, a couple of resistors and an op-amp.  Anyway the filter should pass only the fundametal frequency and hey presto one sine wave.
This stuff should be easliy picked up from academic text books on electronics but if your having trouble I could look out some examples.
:o)

>  from:    Wayne Macdonald <wmcdonal at optushome.com.au>
>  date:    Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:24:48
>  to:      diy_efi at diy-efi.org
>  subject: Re: Building a stimulator
>
> I am building a stimulator to run a Sagem ECU on a test bench, I want to
> generate the crank trigger from a micro but I am having problems.
> The ECU expects to see a waveform from a normal two wire crank trigger, The
> square wave I am generating does not seem to fool the ECU.
> Can someone help me with the circuit required to convert a square wave into
> a sine wave.
>
> Thanks
>
> Wayne

---