normalizing WB output voltage

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Apr 9 22:45:30 GMT 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:52:27 -0700 (PDT), Gary Browning
<garyb at robotics.Eng.Sun.COM> wrote:

>I'm confused - what is a "standard 0v-5v uego output"?  Isn't a UEGO a
>WB sensor?  Isn't that what the DIY-WBO2 is?

Umm, I'm guessing (I know, who asked me? :) what he meant was that most of the
better commercial UEGO equipment like Horiba's, ECM's, Bosch's, et al usually
offer a linearized (again I assume that's what he meant by 'normalized') analog
output of 0-5V.

But yeah, a UEGO sensor and a WBO2 *sensor* are usually considered synonymous.
He seems to however have been referring to the whole instrument, not just the
sensor. There was a time when the Bosch LSM-11s were referred to as 'wide-band'
in contradistinction to either the ordinary 'narrow band' or the newer 'UEGO's,
but that usage seems to be dying out with time; plus obviously the post wasn't
about that either. :)

HTH,
Gar Willis
Principal Engineer