Trying to learn about my Bosch Motronic

bforster at att.net bforster at att.net
Wed Apr 10 23:38:31 GMT 2002

I have a '95 BMW that uses a Bosch 261-200-413 Motronic
unit.  I've acquired a spare ECU to play with.  My
intent is to use my laptop, along with some I/O boards,
to simulate the various sensors that the ECU requires.
I want to understand what the ECU is doing so I can make
changes if/when I mod the engine (i.e. supercharge).  I
have not found much info on this ECU.  I've found a few
web sites that contain a fair amount of info for older
Bosch ECUs.  The thing holding up the project is finding
a connector that will allow me to connect to the ECU.
It's an 88 pin rectangular connector that appears to be
Bosch specific.  I know that I can buy a used wiring
harness but they are $300 - $400.  Can anyone recommend
a way of obtaining a connector.  Also, if anyone can
provide a web site that is a wealth of info for Bosch
units of my era, I'd appreciate that too.

Bill Forster
bforster at att.net