[Diy_efi] RE: [Diy-efi] Traction Control System - In progress (Update 1)

Rodney Fulk rfulk at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 20 05:48:29 GMT 2002

> Personnaly, I will not be including the main ECU in the Traction
> Control system. I am unsure wich signals you'd modify to 'fool' the
> ECU into reducing engine power. I will simply defeat injectors
> directly. I may use the output of the crank sensor or something to
> define the timing required to defeat each injector.
Ouch! Your better off turning off the ignition system...
Running in a lean condition can blow your engine pretty seriously.

Why not just tie into the VSS and send a speed to the PCM/ECM that is higher
then the speed limitor will allow.
This should do the same thing the way it was intended by the factory. And
should be pretty simple...

VSS data is well known and easy to obtain. It should also be easy to emulate
with the number of the emulators out there to allow
hot rods to use drivetrains that were never intended for them.