[Diy_efi] Re: FW: WB testing problems - again

Stephen Andersen SAndersen at advan-tek.com
Sun Apr 21 23:47:59 GMT 2002

> C12 is an electrolytic cap, most are polarized and will leak
> badly if installed backwards, I'll bet it's that simple.
>
> On my boards stuffed w/ the group buy kit, C12 is dark blue
> w/ a light blue stripe indicating (-), all 4 'lytics in that
> area on the PCB have the stripes toward the J8/Vout edge of
> the board.

I have double and triple checked, and C12 is installed correctly.

It is a brandy new cap from the WB kits sold here, and I have even
replaced it with the cap from my 2nd kit with no change.  I guess I
will try the suggestion of a tantalum cap(s) and perhaps even changing
the values in that area (cap first, resistor R38 second) to get the 7.8+
volts at pin 5 on U3...

Thanks everyone for help!!!

Steve