[Diy_efi] Effect of detonation on measured mixture?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sat Apr 27 22:52:18 GMT 2002

The advantage is dwell.
On a V8 at 6K RPM, your just out of time to charge the coil.
To a lesser degree, fewer cylinders, and lightly loaded ignitions don't have
a problem.  In a DIS Turbo buick v6, you have to keep the gap down to run
any serious boost, or you'll have a miss, or just kind of blend over to
compression ignition.
Bruce