[Diy_efi] Why do some EFI systems use a cold start injector?

Mos mos at sydney.net
Mon Apr 29 03:44:28 GMT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Shannen Durphey wrote:

> I wonder if you might know what design (pintle, disc, ???) injectors the toyotas in
> question are using?

I can't answer that question but can say they only run when cranking while
cold, and only for a maximum predefined time (that I have not measured).
The control is purely thermo-electrical with no electronics to speak of.

Additionally, it looks like at least most, if not all, toyota engines
prior to about 94 have these. They are usually located in the centre of
the plenum.

Mos.