[Diy_efi] Traction Control System (update 2)

Jorgen Karlsson jorgen.m.karlsson at home.se
Mon Apr 29 16:41:47 GMT 2002

As mentioned earlier the 2907 can use the signal from the ABS triggers
without any amplification or signal conditioning.

A MCU with an internal AD converter could then read the analog voltage from
the four 2907's. But I can't figure out where the RS232 and the mentioned PC
comes into the picture. The MCU is better suited to handle traction control,
it is simpler to program and has better timing and interfaces.

The program that need to be run is very simple and is not time critical
since we use the analog voltages instead of counting trigger pulses. We only
need to decide which preset 'skip spark pattern' to use. Do we skip one of
four sparks? One of three? Every other spark? The only thing we need to
interface the coil is a transistor that keep the negative terminal of the
coil grounded when we don't want a spark. The ignition signal is needed
since we need to know then we have prevented the spark from occurring.

In this case I would use an Atmel 90S8535 and program it in BascomAVR, the
speed will be several hundred times faster then needed. The QBASIC
compatible language is very easy to learn and the chip is programmed with a
simple cable.

Jorgen