[Diy_efi] Traction Control System (update 2)

Kenny watson at iamfun.com
Mon Apr 29 21:48:44 GMT 2002

You'd need to monitor whether or not the couter has
changed though right? After a launch, the counter
counts up and does its thing, but then it'd need to be
reset. For a single launch at a time you might be able
to work (ie 1/4 mile) but I can't see how you'd
determine when to restet the counter and start watching
for it again.
If it were me, sensor would go on each wheel, fed into
a frequency to voltage converter. Use a MCU with 4 A/D
converter lines. Each register is read in and
subtracted from each other at a continuous scan rate
(probably as far as a bank of A/D's can finish a
conversion- and HC/11 would be ideal since it can poll
4 lines and interrupt as soon as all 4 are done). If
the difference between any 2 registers exceeds the
(user definable) max allowable difference, then power
can be cut. Coupled with an accelerometer, a subroutine
could be run when deceleration is detected to
automatically adjust things like brake bias. But that's
another topic.
Just some thoughts. Hopefully I don't cause poor Bruce
another headache. ;)
-Kenny

Quoting Bruce <nacelp at bright.net>:

> Way to simple to be a valid design <g>.