[Diy_efi] Traction control strategy (solution offered)

Crescent Kao crescent at c-speedracing.com
Tue Apr 30 09:13:09 GMT 2002

Information and videos can be found here:

www.c-speedracing.com/integra.html
www.c-speedracing.com/media.html

The latest time slip can be found here:
http://www.c-speedracing.com/mycar/pics2/cspeedintegra.jpg

Its basically fully built (in house) from the ground up hybrid motor. The
bottom end is from a Honda CRV which is a 2.0l. The stock Integra motor is a
1.8l however both motors are from the same family - "B" series, thus all the
parts are swappable.

With minimum modification we are able to mate the 2.0l bottom end to a VTEC
head from the Integra Type-R (11% increase in displacement). Custom cams,
built valvetrain, 13.4:1 compression, built suspension, fully programmable
engine management (Hondata - we're a dealer) etc etc etc... the motor
currently makes 212whp and 157ft/lbs with more power to make still, the car
weighs in at 2300lb with 1/8th tank of gas - no driver and is daily driven.
Power is strong all the way to 8000rpms, the cams should make power up to
9k, but we think due to our compression and timing issues, power is dropping
off pretty significantly after 8000. The compression is too high for pump
gas (92 octane) so we have pull too much timing up top which is cause our
top end to suffer. So we are going to drop it down to 12.5 and bump up the
timing and see what we can do from there.

We're hoping the traction control will help us drop the 60ft times
significantly.. currently we run in the 1.80's 60ft times - thats with the
22x8x15 M/T's.

Crescent Kao
Director of Marketing and Sales
www.c-speedracing.com