[Diy_efi] higher pressure pumps for water injection

Chris Conlon synchris at speakeasy.org
Thu Aug 1 04:01:11 GMT 2002

At 10:19 PM 7/31/02 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:

>As an aside Greg, or anyone, is there a pump that can be used on 12
>volts that is suitable for water injection, at around 4 bar? I am
>selling the ERL Aquamist kit here in the UK, but fancy a go at making up
>my own system for a special application (direct port water injection on
>a 6 cylinder motor)

Here is a link to a pump that supposedly goes up over 200 psi, though
the flow rate at that pressure *might* be a bit low for a 2JZ-GTE or
other like engine.

http://www.northerntool.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=53202&
prmenbr=6970

Thanks go to whoever it was on here that originally mentioned Northern
Tool as a good source for pumps. (I seem to have deleted the original
post, and I don't remember the person's name, unfortunately.)

   Chris C.