[Diy_efi] DIY-EFI References

Bobby Riggs bobbyriggs at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 2 00:30:15 GMT 2002

Actually the first EFI (electronic, by way of
transistors that is) was mounted to the 68 and
later Volkswagon Fast/Square/Notchbacks. Was
revised and rereleased in 68 for the Type 4
fast/square backs.  If you want to go WAAAAY back
there were systems by GM for the Caddy's and
Corvetts from '54... They were mechanical, then
there was Hilborn.  To say they came out at 1970
is more like "EVERY car had EFI" by 70 if it came
from Germany.
~Bobby.  P.s. I'm 20 years old, you should know
this by now :)