[Diy_efi] higher pressure pumps for water injection

Porter, Bill BPorter at onealinc.com
Fri Aug 2 11:28:44 GMT 2002

------_=_NextPart_001_01C23A16.B8851F3E

Are these ratios by volume or my mass?  Sorry, But who is Ricardo and what
is the title of his book?  Could someone email me (pdf or other) the
pertinent pages on water injection?  It is obvious that there is a lot more
engineering (always is) to design a water injection system then to just
cobble one together and make it spit water.  Are there any other links or
resources that would help the DIY'er in me cobble together an engineered
system?  Are there any other rules of thumb for this from a design
standpoint or from a tuning standpoint.  Aquamist http://www.aquamist.co.uk/
<http://www.aquamist.co.uk/>  offers all kinds of controls for RPM, timing
retard and etc.  Does anyone have or seen a "table" that explains the tuning
aspect of water injection i.e. at what RPM, boost level, VE to remove X
amount of timing?   I guess this would all be model specific to your engine
a mods.

I know many of the pluses but what are some of the negatives of a water
injection system?  a) have to keep it filled b) should use distilled water
to reduce nozzle scale c) should mix with alcohol 50/50 so it acts to
inhibit freezing and improve latent heat characteristics d) what others are
there? How big a deal is droplet formation size and uniformity? What about
dispersion within the manifold on say a supercharged Bonneville with a roots
style blower and little room for mixing?  How about on an 91 EFI Mustang
with twin turbos? Do you need to a use a NOS style fogger setup on to
achieve dispersion or can you get away with a single nozzle.

Thanks
Bill  Porter

Message: 2