[Diy_efi] Re: TCCS 6801 ROM extraction

Jerry Wills jswills at attbi.com
Fri Aug 2 16:48:33 GMT 2002

>SIMON writes:

>Not 100% sure but the 6801 is the only device I have found that matches the
>position of the power rails and the xtal i.e. vss pin 1 vcc pin 7, xtal
>pins2,3 etc.

you should be able to check the data buss, are there no other common chips
that need a bus on the board. Is there any sort of diagnostic connector
on the board?

You relize that packaging can be flipped 180 degrees, if a big company
wanted to fool people, even 90 degrees, if the pads on the die itself
are symmetrical on 4 sides and not just 2. We will need more info before
we can dump the ROM and you will need to trace some circuitry in order
find out how the tables/registers/outputs relate to injectors, timing
and all other things of interest.

Motorola still has a couple of versions of 6801 data sheets in there
archive. pdf format and 40ish pages each.

Jerry