[Diy_efi] TCCS 6801 ROM extraction

efi_student efi.student at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 4 06:26:16 GMT 2002

This discussion is hitting close to home for me.  There must be a way to
read the internal rom, Techtom makes a device that will talk to the ECM
and get it to give up all its secrets, at least for the 7MG and 2JZ
engines.  There are aftermarket daughter boards for both these ECMs that
use EPROMs to adjust maps (both ignition and fuel, since both these
engines use a dedicated processor for each function) that are available
from Techtom.  Unfortunately for we gaijin, all these devices are
operated and controlled in Kanji, not English.  So far I have been
unsuccessful in getting someone with a complete bin to talk to me about
disassembling the code.  Something about wanting to pay off the $10k
they spent getting the Techtom gizmo.  What ever you find, there is an
audience anxiously waiting to disassemble whatever source you can get...

Lance