[Diy_efi] WB controller

Gabe gellett at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 5 04:10:02 GMT 2002

From: "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net>
Date:  Fri, 4 Aug 1995 18:32:44 -0400

>Nasty?
>Geesh, I was only repling in kind to the way Dave wrote, if you/he/anyone
>want to be sarcastic, by jingle, I sure have the right to be also.

First, let me say that there is "on topic" content in this halfway lengthy post  :)

Don't guess I saw the sarcasm in his posts until accosted by you, after that, I certainly don't blame him - would you?

>And BTW Gabe, you contributing to the negative vibe fund rather well in your
>reply.
>BTW, are you just in a mood to rant or gonna contribute, and actually answer
>the posters original guestion?.

No mood, and not trying to be negative, just trying to open some eyes over here as to the VERY NEGATIVE attitude of many on the list and how it's typically defended - someone generally gets gang-jumped if they say anything about it.  I'm certainly glad that in the lists I operate a newbie generally doesn't get blindly dumped on for asking an innocent question, especially after he's taken the time to browse the archives.

If I'd had time to construct my DIY_WB and try it out, I would have been glad to offer up a response to his query.  I hope to get it built soon.  I'd like to think if I have a question along the way, I'd be welcome to ask without getting attacked.

Just don't see the point in jumping the guy, or using him for a doormat just because you've got a sour taste in your mouth from the likes of GW or the General from OZ.

As far as contribuiting to the group, if anyone wants any info or tools on Cannondale motorcycle EFI, I'd be glad to share what I've got, since that's been my focus lately.

Like yourself, I don't like the greedy "for profit" guys that charge WAY too much for hardware/software.  There's a company out there charging $1500 for software less powerful than mine - hence the reason for me doing what I've done.

I can contribute an online calibration decoder, an online calibration comparison utility, and an online calibration editor that allows you to modify a calibration file, then it prompts you for download of your newly edited file.  Cool stuff.  Still working on it all, but it is fully functional...

>What was that saying, Can't Please all the People all the time, so why
>bother.

No need to try to please me, just don't see the reason for all the random negativity.

>And just to bring it to your attention, how about trimming your posts.
>Bruce

I suppose if you look deeply enough you can find something to complain about in practically anything.

Gabe

<snip>