[Diy_efi] CIS EFI via Fuel Pump PWM

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Tue Aug 6 03:26:44 GMT 2002

Bernd Felsche wrote:
> If fluid isn't compressible, how does it transmit sound? :-)
> Yes, fuel *is* compressible.
>
> The longer the fuel line, the longer the propagation delay.

The propagation delay is the speed of sound.  I doubt that's worth
considering.  The delay in building pressure is due to the
compressibility of the fuel and the stretchy-ness of the fuel lines.  I
get to use words like that because I'm not an ME.  Could someone who is
turn on their calculator and calculate a worst case time constant for
the pressure buildup?

I'll bet a virtual beer that neither makes a significant difference.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com