[Diy_efi] re. CIS EFI via Fuel Pump PWM

Kenny Bauman kennybauman at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 6 21:11:41 GMT 2002

Should have thought of this sooner. But you all could
check with Garfield Willis. He has allready been down
a similar road.

Barring that I have a few posts from him that discuss
some different ideas of a similar, but different
nature that I could forward anyone that wants them.

I did an experiment with using two port injectors
feeding a single AFP nozzle. That worked, but had
problems with fuel vaporization in the lines. I
abondoned the idea as it seemed to go in the
completely wrong direction. On a 4 cyl engine you have
4 mechanical injectors fed by pairs of electric
injectors. 12 injectors to feed a 4 cyl engine was
just insane in the name of redundancy. But a fun all
the same.

Only problem I see is that Garfield likes to lock up
ideas with patents for himself. So there could be
potential problems with using any idea of this nature.
He likes to expound on how IBM (where he used to work)
would put a idea into the public domain so it couldn't
be patented by the competition. But in the next breath
he talks about how he is going to patent something for
himself so the idea can't be taken up by the "budding
entremanures/suckups" instead. Of course all of this
is done in the guise of promoting exprimental aviation
for the good of all.

Ken Bauman