[Diy_efi] CIS EFI via Fuel Pump PWM

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 7 14:00:40 GMT 2002

At 07:54 AM 7/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>> You are forgetting the rotational
>> inertia of the pump rotor... and the propensity for the fuel pressure
>> regulator to oscillate during a step change in flow/pressure, most outlets
>
>The point was to PWM the pump and get rid of the regulator.  And the
>inertia of the pump rotor isn't affected by the length of fuel line.

huh !? I never said the pump rotor inertia has anything to do with
length of fuel line - check archives if you don't believe me...

What I am saying is,  (in more detail and with slightly different
words) the rotational inertia of the fuel pump rotor is a factor in
maintaining pressure stability - it would have to be taken into
account in a PID algorithm and a switch mode power supply that could
dump a fair (transient) current into the (high pressure) fuel pump
would be of advantage versus a (conventional) PWM drive off the
(normal) battery voltage...

Of course there are other factors, see my archived comments,

Regards

Mike Massen
Hm 08 9444 8961,  Fx 08 9384 0861,  Mb 0438 048961

Some power stuff here: http://www.iinet.net.au/~erazmus

Ancient Sufi saying:
        "Should your God save you from adversity, choose another God"