[Diy_efi] CIS EFI via Fuel Pump PWM

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 8 13:18:33 GMT 2002

Stephen Webb tapped away at the keyboard with:

> > Probably far simpler to use a (large) PWM fuel "injector" on a
> > return line to regulate the pressure to CIS injectors. Some sort of
>
> Sounds an awful lot like how they "trim" the fuel delivery on the basic
> CIS + lambda systems.

It works... don't knock it. :-)

Similar but on a different scale. The K-Jetronic with Lambda
operates on the control pressure of the fuel distributor IIRC.

A large bypass valve can in itself simplify the fuel distributor -
but if had been that simple and had satisfactory results, Bosch
would have done it that way, 15 years ago. :-)

It _should_ work to some extent. The consequences of simplification
may not be worth it. Think of what'll happen if the bypass injector
gets clogged or fails to open...