[Diy_efi] current sense MOSFETs

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Thu Aug 8 23:46:18 GMT 2002

Jim,

The DIY-WB should work with the engine running and the
charging system up to par.  If your wiring is losing some
voltage, I recommend running a pair directly to the
alternator case and output stud.  Use a fusible link for
safety

I have a drawing of my heater circuit which I have given to
others and could mail to your postal address.  It uses an
inexpensive FET which has an insulated case, so it could
be bolted to anything for a heat sink.  Its not set up directly
for the DIY-WB, but it has a READY signal that could be tied
in.  It could gain you 2 volts at the cost of a dozen more parts.
And of course hand wiring.  Possibly another half volt could
be had if reworked for a current sensing FET, I'll leave that
to someone else.

Bruce Roe