[Diy_efi] Motec wide band O2 gear, modding probe mounting??

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Aug 11 21:50:36 GMT 2002

I have been using a current model Motec wide band with the Bosch (not
NTK optional) sensor, and it has worked fine. Often it's a PITA welding
in a second O2 adaptor for test purposes, so can I lengthen the leads to
the sensor and make some sort of rod and clamp arrangement to stuff it
up tailpipes for quick testing? What effect will lead length to the
sensor have, any? Anyone got any bright ideas re heat insulation for the
cables? The gear sold by MRM seemed to offer a quick fit probe, in some
ways I wished I'd bought that kit, but i wanted seamless integration
with Motec ECUS for wide band closed loop op with the one sensor, and
the Motec product offered this without taxing my electronic illiterate
brain too much. Thanks.

--
Best regards,
           Chris Wilson                          mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk