[Diy_efi] Re: [Efi332] Fw: wide-band O2 sensor comparison

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Aug 13 17:56:51 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eck, Joel" <Joel.Eck at hp.com>
>BTW, I agree that Bruce's note that his DIY-WB was 'only' off by .5 AFR is
crazy. >being off by .5 AFR either way is not acceptable if you're trying to
calibrate to a >specific AFR.

Most tuners (of the DIY EFI variety) don't tune to get a specific AFR, they
tune for some measure of performance, and the AFR meter is just an aid to
get there.   If you want to tune to a number, well lots of luck, and better
get a unit with an established track record.  And lets keep in mind this is
3rd part reporting, a well used sensor, and protrays real world stuff.  Lets
see what some of the other ones do after 10K miles.   If anyone wants to
actually put their money where their mouth is, I have 2 bungs within 4" of
each other, and I'll run **their** WB against mine, and we'll see what the
net differences are short term and long term.
    It still amazes me, the amount of confusion over what's going on.
****DIY****
MEANS
**Do**  **It**  **Yourself**.
Where the heck does anyone  see the claim for anything other then DIY?.
DIY
DIY
It's just a DIY Meter.   Take a spin in your time machine back a few years
ago, and you'll see lots of posts about how do I know where I am (AFR wise),
and how do you read a spark plug?.   The DIY, again DIY meter, is to fill
the void so an Average Joe can get close and have some idea where things
are.

  Reguardless of Gar's Attempts to portray the DIY as more then it is, it is
good at what it does.
  Besides, the Dweebometer printed circuit board is actually available, and
to date I have yet to see a **support** guestion about it go unanswered.
  If anyone is still unclear about what DIY means, please just write me off
list.   Oh, and BTW, if you include any viruses, I will not respond, and
just ignore your letter.
Bruce